The Scholarship Committee has been hard at work sorting through scholarship applications and getting creative with our resources. Now we have a call to action for you: can you support your fellow community members by donating to the scholarship fund?
We have received many scholarship applications and feel strongly about creating access for as many presenters and attendees as possible. As of now, we do not have the funds we need to fully support those who have applied for aid.
We’re calling on you to help! With a donation to the PTO Scholarship Fund, you can help:
- Build global solidarity with artists + educators from around the world
- Support the growth of youth leaders
- Welcome new folx into the community
- Practice mutual aid– right here and right now
Please contribute if you are able, and spread the word if you are not! We’re asking for all donations to be sent by April 8. Click here to donate!
Pedagogy and Theatre of the Oppressed, Inc. (PTO) is pleased to announce that we have some scholarships available for attendees of the 25th Annual Pedagogy and Theatre of the Oppressed Conference in Chicago, Illinois, May 26th – May 29th, 2022.
This scholarship application is currently available in English. If you need to complete the application in another language, please e-mail email@example.com
Esta aplicación de beca está actualmente disponible en inglés. Si necesita completar la aplicación en otro idioma, por favor envíenos un correo electrónico a firstname.lastname@example.org
Este formulário de solicitação de bolsa está atualmente disponível em inglês. Se necessitar preenchê-lo em outro idioma, por favor envie um e-mail para email@example.com
Scholarships provide funding to people who:
- Include, reflect, and expand upon the principles and practices of Paulo Freire and Augusto Boal in their work, theory, and study.
- Exemplify the mission of PTO
- May lack the financial means to attend and participate in the PTO conference
PTO is dedicated to bringing as diverse a community as possible together at the annual conference and strive to ensure robust local participation. Applications are considered on an individual basis.
Priority will be given to applications submitted by February 19, 2022. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis after that until funds run out. Please fill out the application here.
- Email Address:
- Did you apply for a scholarship for the postponed 2020 conference?
- If “yes”, you do NOT need to re-apply! Simply indicate your name and e-mail address on this form, and check “yes” for this question. The scholarship committee will review your previous application and be in contact.
- City, State, Country:
- Did you apply to present at the conference? If yes, what is the title of your session?
- Please select which scholarship(s) you are applying for:
- Conference Registration Waiver
- Gas Reimbursement
If applying for gas reimbursement, please submit your beginning address and total round-trip mileage:
Address for conference location: 1032 W Sheridan Rd, Chicago, IL 60660
- How will attending this conference contribute to your work or study? Why are you applying for this scholarship? (Please keep response under 150 words)
Please notice that we simply do not have enough scholarship funds at this time to provide lodging or airfare for attendees. We hope to continue to build our fundraising efforts to do so in the future. If you have ideas for us to improve financial accessibility, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org!
These scholarships are made possible in part by generous contributions from PTO membership at large and the PTO Board of Directors. If you would like contribute to scholarship funds for financial accessibility of the conference, please consider donating as little as $5 on the Donations Page!