SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDED!
NEW! DEADLINE EXTENDED TO FEBRUARY 15!
We’ve extended the deadline to submit your session proposals for the 19th annual Pedagogy and Theatre of the Oppressed conference at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio June 27-30, 2013. Sessions can be in several different formats, including workshops, dialogues, paper discussions, debates, performances, or demonstrations. We welcome proposals that address our theme of Radical Transformation as well as one (or more) of the following in some clear way:
- Pedagogy of the Oppressed, coined and elaborated by Paulo Freire.
- Theatre of the Oppressed, coined and elaborated by Augusto Boal.
- Other forms of interactive arts and/or education that share PTO’s goal of promoting critical thinking and social justice.
Presentations might include (but will not be limited to):
- Workshops of Pedagogy of the Oppressed, Theatre of the Oppressed, or adaptations of those forms
- Case studies of Pedagogy of the Oppressed and Theatre of the Oppressed work
- Case studies of community organizing or community education projects
- Dialogues between activists, artists, and/or popular educators, etc.
- Case studies, workshops, or discussions of problem-posing education or popular education
- Explorations of issues central to oppression, oppressed peoples, or the politics of defining oppression in the first place
- Investigations of interactive performance, interactive education, and other facilitation techniques as tools for social and political engagement. We define performance broadly!
Proposals that model interactive critical engagement and accessibility for multiple audiences will receive preference. Follow the link at the bottom of this page to submit your proposal by February 15, 2013.
CLICK HERE for more information on the session guidelines or to submit your proposal to the 2013 conference.
Questions? Visit the full conference proposal page or contact the conference chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.