Board Nominations Open
Pedagogy and Theatre of the Oppressed, Inc. (PTO) is calling for nominations for open PTO Board positions. You can nominate yourself or someone else. Please be sure to fully read the requirements and qualifications below. Nominations will be accepted until Wednesday, September 14.
Board members elected in this process will serve a two-year term beginning September 2016 and culminating August 31, 2018.
PTO Board Members should…
- Be familiar with the work of either/both Paulo Freire and Augusto Boal;
- Be committed to working against oppression and for liberation;
- Have the ability and willingness to attend all PTO annual conferences, Board retreats and monthly Board conference calls;
- Be able to complete Board committee and other Board-related tasks;
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for the vision, purpose, and strategic plan of PTO;
- Be a current member of PTO.
The PTO Board is actively seeking board members who will aid us in our goal of representing the diversity of PTO’s constituency across a wide spectrum of identities and experiences, including (but not limited to): race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, national origin, immigration status, age, locale, class, employment status, interests, and personal experiences and history.
Specific Skills Sought (but not required)
- Grant writing
- Fundraising and development
- Website management, communication, social media
- Writing and editing
- Conference/large event planning
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject PTO BOARD NOMINATION and the following information:
- Email address:
- Phone number:
- Statement of interest: A written bio of not more than 250 words and/or a video of not more than two minutes in length that introduces the nominee to the PTO community and explains why they are seeking election to the Board.
- Photo of yourself (optional)
The nomination packet (excluding contact information) will be listed on the PTO Nominees Page to be reviewed and voted on by the membership.
If you have any questions, or would like to speak with a current Board member about the position, please email us at email@example.com.
You must be logged in to post a comment.